Wednesday 8 June 2011

Before I'm 30...

I don't mean to sound a bit morbid, or a bit worn out, a bit 'oh no, not another one' but there seem to be a lot of bucket lists out at the moment. I have a list of things I want to do before I'm 30. I did generally assume I'd be dead before then - and let's face it, there is still time - but as 29 is about to punch me squarely in the face, then clearly I need to sort myself out.

So in no particular order, here is my List Of Things I Want To Do Before I'm 30 (Although I'm Sure I Can Do Some Once I Am 30, Unless There Is Some Kind Of 'Logan's Run' Age Limit. Ageist Bastards).

1 - Start a business.

2 - Go to Scandinavia. Pref. Iceland or Norway, but I'm not overly fussed.

3 - Get a tattoo.

4 - Finish writing my BLOODY BOOK.

5 - Get a BLOODY AGENT (related to the above).

6 - Join a band, one that actually plays. I'm a drummer. Come play with me.
DONE: Search for Dead Rabbits Southampton. I play with them. Huzzah!

7 - Have some sort of beauty treatment. Facial? Nails??
DONE: I joined the gym and got a free back massage. It was awesome, though a bit painful because I'm a sensitive little sausage

8 - Visit more of the places where I recently moved to (Southsea) - I'm talking restaurants, charity shops, the little vintage clothes shops and antiquey furnitures - rather than going to Tesco or Ikea. Though I am fond of Tesco and Ikea. And Waitrose. Ahh, Waitrose.

9 - Put all my bills and statements in little folders, more importantly in date order.
DONE...ish

10 - Learn to swim.
Er... I asked at the gym, and a swimming lesson is the same amount as I pay for drums. Cannot afford to do both :(

11 - CBT (as in riding a bike, not as in psychotherapy).

12 - See my favourite band in concert.
DONE: I bought my first Pulp cassette the day after my 13th birthday. I was in the fan club and used to write little questionnaires and ask them to sign things. However I was either too young or not independent enough to see them. After over 15 years, I finally saw them at Wireless in July 2011, and it was beautiful. I love the songs, I love the live show, I am immensely fond of them all. Sorted...

13 - I started a sitcom and a screenplay (former five years ago, latter one year ago). Should probably revisit these.
DOING: On it!

So if I'm not out much over the next 12 months, this will be why...

No comments:

Post a Comment