Friday 23 December 2011

New Year Resolutions

I read a great quote from Jarvis Cocker before where he said every New Year, instead of giving something up, he aims to have a new experience or hobby. I love this. I've been trying to do this the last few years. However, I'm sure Jarvis wasn't scraping by on £15,000 at the time. There are limits to what a girl can do this year, unfortunately...

1. Get out of my SODDING OVERDRAFT
Why? It's not your money. Stop pretending that it is and stop spending. That way, next time your car tax is due or you need new tyres, you don't freak out, go wildly above the limit and steal money from your rapidly diminishing savings accounts. (LOL at me trying to do 'saving')
How? I am not going to buy any alcohol, any books, any magazines, any shoes, any clothes, any gig tickets until at least May. This should help.

2. Get a cheaper phone
Why? So you use it for Facebook? You can do that at home, and it won't cost you £30 a month line rental. Plus you never phone anyone as you have no friends.

3. HOLIDAY IN ICELAND
Why? Ten years ago I was talking about travelling to Australia. I never did it. I was brave enough to arrange a trip to Budapest by myself six years ago, but dad died the evening before and I didn't go. I want to travel. I NEED to travel. I WILL TRAVEL. BUT I need the money to do so (see above)

4. Get a tattoo
Why? To express myself, because I am awesome.

For everything else, see below in my things to do before I am 30. Only six months to go :(

1 comment:

  1. In 2012:

    1. I got out of my sodding overdraft, then promptly went back into it this year, thank you for breaking, car!

    2. I got a cheaper phone contract. Thanks Tesco Mobile for saving me over £15 a month.

    3. I went to Iceland for New Year, with the ex. I've wanted to go for so long, I had lots of fun scheduled in. Trips to look for the Northern Lights, horse riding in sheet ice, sightseeing in the snow, the Golden Circle, warming up in the Blue Lagoon while looking at the mountains, gazing at Mt Esja like a long lost love. Paid for with my PPI repayment.

    4. I haven't got a tattoo.

    Also in 2012: I restarted learning Norwegian, gave blood twice, went to France with the band, and went on a supervisor course at work. So not too bad a year.

    ReplyDelete